Monday, June 28, 2010

My bad

As part of a break from hockey during Colin's first hockey camp last week, we planned to take in a Tampa Yankees-Dunedin Blue Jays game last Wednesday. Well, it didn't happen.

After camp closed for the day Wednesday, Colin and I joined rush-hour traffic and headed north to Dunedin. About 45 minutes later, we pulled into Dunedin Stadium. The parking lot was empty, the ticket windows were closed and the gate was locked shut.

At first, I thought I'd mixed up who was the home team. Once I got home and checked my schedule, I discovered my mistake. The game started at 11 a.m., not 7 p.m.

After blowing off the Tampa Yankees a few weeks ago to get an autograph from Hockey Hall of Famer Phil Esposito, Wednesday's trip was to be our last chance to get a team-signed ball from them. Now, we'll try to get one July 29.

No comments: